Facts About Hearing Loss
FACTS ABOUT HEARING LOSS
- Approximately 36 million Americans suffer from hearing loss.
- More than half of the people with hearing loss are younger than age 65.
- Untreated hearing loss can affect your ability to understand speech and can negatively impact your social and emotional well-being—hearing impairment can decrease your quality of life!
- Hearing loss is the third most common health problem in the United States.
SIGNS YOU MAY HAVE HEARING LOSS:
- You have difficulty hearing people talk in noisy environments such as a restaurant, shopping mall, in a car, or at the movie theater.
- People seem to “mumble” all the time.
- Family, friends, or colleagues often have to repeat themselves when speaking with you.
- You have trouble hearing people when they are not facing you or are in another room.
- You have ringing, buzzing, or hissing sounds in your ears.
Hearing loss is often more conspicuous than hearing aids! May is Better Hearing Month. If you or a loved one is experiencing any of the above signs of hearing loss, see an audiologist for evaluation and treatment. Early diagnosis and treatment typically result in the most successful outcomes.
Call The Center for Audiology at 713-255-0035, and take the first step to reconnect with friends and family, and enjoy life again! We have offices in Houston, TX and Pearland, TX with dedicated audiologists on staff to help customize the most appropriate hearing solution for your hearing loss, lifestyle and budget.