How To Pair Your Hearing Aids With Your iPhone
As more hearing aids are developed with direct-to-iPhone or iPad Bluetooth connectivity, more hearing aid users are realizing the wonderful benefits of hearing aids that also serve as wireless headsets for music and audio-book streaming, as well as Bluetooth headsets for phone conversations. Amy and Liz are two patients seen in our Houston office this week. Both could finally carry on a phone conversation with no difficulty for the first time in years, via Bluetooth-enabled hearing aids. It was amazing to see the joy on both their faces as a new world opened up to them.
In addition, the iPhone can serve as the remote control for the hearing aid, and users can adjust various features from overall volume to frequency response to background noise suppression, all through handy apps on the iPhone.
This is all wonderful when everything works! Occasionally, the iPhone will drop the hearing aid connection, or something gets "hung" or "stuck" in the iPhone that prevents a good connection. Should that happen to you, follow the instructions below that walk you through re-pairing the hearing aids to your iPhone.
How to Pair your Hearing Aids with your iPhone:
1. Re-boot your iPhone
2. Take your hearing aids out of your ears and open the battery doors
3. Go to Settings on your iPhone
4. Go to General
5. Go to Accessibility
6. Go to Hearing Aids
7. Close your battery doors (your phone will start searching for the devices)
8. Your name and the hearing aids will pop up under devices
9. If you wear 2 hearing aids you will see L + R
10. If you only wear 1 you will see either L or R depending on which side you wear your aid
11. Click on the box with your aids labeled
12. You will then get a pop up box to PAIR your aids with your phone click PAIR
13. If you wear 2 aids this box will pop up 2 times and you have to hit PAIR a second time.
14. Your aids are now paired with your iPhone. Enjoy!
Hearing aids available with direct-to-iPhone Bluetooth capability include Oticon Opn, Resound Linx, Starkey Halo, and Widex Beyond. Coming soon-- Phonak Direct which will have direct to iPhone and Android phone Bluetooth connectivity. All these and more available at The Center for Audiology-Houston, and The Center for Audiology-Pearland. Call today at 713-255-0035 to schedule a free demo and 2 week trial of made-for-iPhone hearing aids!